SCHEDULE OF EVENTS for SATURDAY 10/4/2014
- 9-10 am (or whenever Jonesy wakes up…): “Speedos & Single Fins” paddle-out, expression session & coffee talk. 25TH AVE, VENICE (best peak north of the pier)
- 9:30-10:00 am: Check-in for the volley and bocce competitions. 25TH AVE, VENICE
- 10-4ish: Tournament Play. 25TH AVE, VENICE
- 4-8 pm: Power nap. TBD (my couch is always available)
- 8:00 pm – CLOSE: After Party @ The Victorian, 2640 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405
The Dr. Bob Open is a coed 4-man volleyball tournament and day of super-fun activities each of which is guided by one of our many patron saints of stache. On the day of the open you can participate in any or all of the following events:
1. Start the morning fresh and get wet with us for the MIKE PURPUS inspired paddle out expression session. We encourage single fins and speedos but hey man, do your thing. Coffee and biscuits for all participants
2. The TOM SELLECK division coed volleyball tourney (for the aggro Magnum-level ballers)
3. The BURT REYNOLDS division volleyball tourney (the Bandit “B” division for the BBQ party ballers just seeking some good times in the sand)
4. The ROBERT REDFORD bocce ball invitational (by invite only …you’re all invited)
5. And everyone is automatically entered into the SAM ELLIOT moustache challenge
Entry into any of the events is a minimum donation of $30 and includes the locally famous and ultra-comfy tournament T-shirt
QUESTION: “Can I just come and hang out” — YES.
QUESTION: “I can’t make it during the day, can I still rage with you at the after-party?” — Absolutely! Entry to the Dr. Bob after-party is FREE but we recommend a minimum $5 donation at the door.